A few weeks ago Sadie and Lily were tourguides for the #weekendroadtrip Pawpawty on behalf of Twitter Anipals. The Pawpawty event was organized to raise funds for America’s VetDogs – Veterans K-9 Corps. Sadie and Lily featured Twitter posts on Delmarva, Brazil, and Graceland. They toured these locations in their amazing Anipal Airstream trailer! And, they shared some of their favorite songs as DJs. Sadie gets very excited when she hears this one lately.
We had so much fun on the #weekendroadtrip that we decided to actually take a trip to Delmarva. Our destination – Assateague Island National Seashore. This beach was selected because dogs are allowed on a six foot long leash throughout the summer in selected spots. Sadie got to visit the ocean for the first time! Here are the top ten things that Sadie loved about the beach:
- Rolling in Sand – it’s even better than rolling on the smelly spots in the forest!
- Eating ham and cheese sandwiches on the beach blanket – Yum!
- Watching ponies from the car.
- Watching people watch the ponies from the car.
- Chasing birds on the beach.
- Running in and out of the waves.
- Catching a few rays while taking her afternoon nap.
- Barking at all the people who walk by her blanket.
- Digging in the sand.
- Taking a jog with her people.
After her beach visit, Sadie enjoyed a leisurely late afternoon lunch at the Atlantic Hotel in Berlin, Maryland on the porch, where small dogs are permitted to join their people while dining. She enjoyed a few tidbits from the table. Her favorite bites were morsels of warm crab and cheese dip on bread. She visited many other Delmarva locations during her trip, but none were as satisfying as her day at Assateague Island!
MM & RY 2009